Here is a very nice Clareen Elite from 2018. This banjo was completely disassembled, cleaned, and put back together. The top 7 frets were replaced and all frets were dressed. It has a new set of Clareen strings, new tailpiece, and new armrest. There are a few small dings on scratches on the resonator. This banjo comes with a new Clareen case (hard polyfoam with backpack straps) and 2 sets of Clareen strings.
- Clareen Special Brass Tone Ring
- Maple Neck, Pot and Resonator
- Carbon Fibre Non-adjustable Truss Rods embedded in Neck
- Rosewood Finger Board and Peghead
- Shamrock Inlay on Finger Board and Peghead
- Schaller Geared Tuners
- Waverly Style Tailpiece
- The maple neck is separated at the back by a strip of mahogany offering a unique appearance and extra stability. The neck is also re-enforced with two carbon fibre truss rods embedded inside. The neck is then protected with several layers of lacquer.
- The Rosewood Peghead is inlaid with the Model name and a Shamrock. The Rosewood fingerboard is inlaid at the 1st, 3rd, 7th, 10th, 15th& 17th frets with a Mother of Pearl dot marker and tasteful Shamrocks at the 5th and 12th frets to echo the peghead.
- The precision crafted Geared Tuners are sourced from Schaller in Germany and are made of brass and then nickel plated topped with White, Perloid buttons.
- Well selected Maple is used for the resonator of the Special. It’s natural hue is allowed to shine through but it is protected with several layers of lacquer. There is a dark Tortoise binding around the edge of the resonator.
- Clareen Banjos manufactures all of it’s tone rings by hand in our workshop in Galway, Ireland. The Special Brass tone ring in an archtop style, offers a crisp, bright tone allowing your banjo to be heard alongside other instruments
- Clareen Grooved Tension Band with mild steel tension hooks which are nickel plated
- We use an excellent quality Waverly Style Tailpiece which is nickel plated. It has 5 “pillars” which can accommodate both ball end and loop end strings
- Brass Nickel Plated Armrest
- We use a smooth white banjo head with the Clareen logo for the Special. This can be changed if requested
- Neck width at the nut: 30mm
- Scale Length, Nut to Bridge: 17 fret – 21 inches, 525mm
- Resonator Diameter:335mm/ 13 1/8”
- Overall Instrument Length:865mm/ 34”
- Approximately Weight:3.8kg approximately